So you’ve wished for it, but never out loud. Not even to yourself. That would make you a horrible person. But your best friend is about to become single. And you know why.
1. Not only she hasn’t worn her skinny jeans in more than three weeks, she has no idea whether they fit or not. She thinks her baggy boot cuts are just fine. Somebody took “You’re beautiful just the way you are” a little to literally.
2. She’s adopted norm core as a serious style. And by the way she’s investing in all of the pieces you know it’s not going to be temporary.
3. Instagram account used to be all selfies. Now its all pictures of food.
4. And restaurants gave way to home cooking. And that gave way to pickling and jam. Note: said couple just turned 25.
5. She’s spending more on socks than lingerie.
6. Short black dress means cut to the knee.
7. You almost give her a straightener for her birthday. Until you remember she had one before said boyfriend appeared.
8. She cut her hair in a pixie even though everybody who knew her said she had an oddly shaped head. She called them haters.
9. Her boyfriend’s name is James. But when you say James, she regularly asks “Franco?” She didn’t grow up in hollywood.
10. Her browser ads are slides and Birkenstocks instead of Prada and Céline.
So what do you in this case? I (and that’s just me) suggest a good old intervention with a dose of putting her down for her own good.